Just a Quick Junkie fest 2019 Overview


There's been a lot of chatter lately, with accompanying speculation about Junkie fest 2019. While I do apologize for the delay in getting preliminary information out, there's just been so many pieces to this puzzle that have been slowly coming together, and will be continuing to come together in the next several weeks. 

However, there are a few things that I CAN share now so you can do a bit of travel/airfare research, contemplating and saving.


The most common feedback comment I heard regarding last year's event was that there were just too many activities crammed into too little time!  Attendees were giddy from exhaustion by Saturday night last year. I sure was! Yet at the same time, none of us really wanted it to end, either.   Junkie fest 2019 will be a three and a half day event.   One more day allows for two more classes, a bit more relaxed pace event and opportunities for more social time.


Junkie fest 2019 will again be held in the Minneapolis, MN area, Wednesday - Saturday, June 26-29, 2019.  To keep things simple, the precise venue location will not be revealed until the special event room block reservation link is live and all details are posted.  I've been working hard to keep  your total event costs as low as possible, yet offer as much as possible, so this year's venue is further from the airport, yet is a true conference center/hotel venue.  This venue is located, depending on traffic conditions, about 30 travel minutes from the MSP airport.  

The 2019 venue has an excellent set up for a larger event.  Yes, it will be even larger than last year's.  So it has been/and is more time consuming to get everything coordinated this time. The classrooms and break out spaces are very convenient at this venue, and you will find that the included event buffet breakfasts and lunches and daytime snack and beverage services to be much more accommodating to the daily schedules this year too. This venue has many amenities that will make this event very relaxed and comfortable for your extended crafty weekend.

  The format for this year's event will be similar to last year's. Event check in is from 5-7 pm Wednesday June 26.  The official welcome, introductions and event kick off will begin at 7pm.  Thursday-Saturday are class days with four hours of classes per day included in the venue price. This year there will be EIGHT different class package options to choose from, so you hopefully you will find a class package that includes classes taught by your favorite people!  Saturday night includes a closing banquet and wrap-up/farewell party which should end by 10:30pm.  The only meals that are not included in the 3 1/2 day event are Thursday and Friday nights, where I hope you'll grab some friends and make plans in the hotel restaurant and/or lounges for some dinner and social time!!


Fifteen amazing teachers are committed to teach at this event, as well as some special guest appearances. I'll share formal introductions with more details about these amazing teachers, their backgrounds, and the classes they will be teaching a bit later.   Many of these teachers are busy prepping, for Creativation and have not determined exactly which new products they will be working with in their classes just yet. I'll hope to be able to have the class packages and final schedule information available soon.     


Today I am willing to reveal just who these fantastic teachers are!

Listed below, in no particular order, are the following teachers coming in to teach from various locations within the United States:

Angela, Whitney and Nic Magnuson from Unity Stamp Company and Magnuson Custom Stamps

Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker blog and The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Gina and Rina Krupsky from Gina K. Designs

Christopher Alan from Brutus Monroe

Debbie Olson from Thinking Inking (if you are not familiar with Debbie, I credit this amazing artist/Copic instructor most with teaching me how to use contrast in my coloring!)

Effie Cho from The Ton Stamps

Taylor VanBruggen and Leslie Routson from Taylored Expressions

Emily Loggans from Emily Loggins, Emily is a designer and brush lettering teacher at Village Paper and Ink

Sue Doherty from Therm O Web

Jody Morrow and Kim van der Sanden from My Favorite Things 

Lydia Fiedler from Understand Blue 

Maria Colosimo from Kitchen Sink Stamps

2019 brings three International teachers!  Two from the United Kingdom:

Laura Gallimore from Crafty Not Shifty

Elizabeth John from Love From Lizi

And one from Germany:

Alexandra Renke from Alexandra Renke - World of Emotions

I'm so grateful and thrilled to have these amazing people teach at Junkie fest!  


The cost of this 3 1/2 day event, including the three days of classes, 8 buffet meals, and all the other special activities, gifts and surprises and prizes to be revealed later, is $665.00.  This event price does not include hotel lodging, or transportation.  The event block room rate that I have secured at the venue hotel is $119/night. 

Junkie fest 2019 event registration is projected to be in late March.  The exact date will be announced at least 10 days prior to it going live.

That's all  I can share right now, and I hope I haven't created more questions than I've given answers!  I should have more details for you in a few weeks when I return from Creativation!  When I have more information to share, I will be posting it here on this blog, so feel free to subscribe.  I will also post a link on Stamp Junkies to any new posts.  I appreciate your interest in this event!  I'm very excited about it too!


I will share information about event sponsors and Make and Take guests at a later date.  I am still lining up sponsors for this event.  If you are a craft company and or vendor and you be interested in becoming involved with or sponsoring this event, I'd be happy to hear from you.  You may contact me at chris@junkiefest.com. I'd love to have many, many companies represented at this event!



Comments

  1. Woo hoo! Looking forward to going for sure. Now to start saving for plane fare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your hard work. You’re the best. Looking forward to seeing you in June. If you need an extra hand please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chris for all of your hard work putting this event together. You are so appreciated!! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!! Everyone I love will be there... and some more that I will fall in love with as well! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Just wow! Thanks Chris for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how many spots are available?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I want to make my first visit this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are there additional costs for the classes or activites? Do we need to bring any of our own supplies. Never attended before but really thinking about doing it this year. It would cost much more as I would need to travel from New York. If I'm able to go I will be doing it by myself are there many attendees that go by themselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were quite a few who traveled/arrived alone last year. Your group of classes is included in the event price. Some teachers will share a required supplies list prior to the event. Typical lists for last year, included the rather common supplies such as: adhesive, scissors or paper trimmer, pencil, MISTI or acrylic blocks, your favorite black ink, a paintbrush or aqua brush, etc... There weren't many classes that required anything really out of the ordinary. Teachers generally will supply/provide the products and any unique tools or supplies needed for the classes.

      Delete
    2. MAK - I’m planning to travel alone. I have no close friends who enjoy this hobby, as I do. I’m hoping to find friendly people to visit and network with. I’m from Mi.

      Delete
    3. Last year, Chris set up a private FB page after we registered. We all chattered like magpies. I felt like I knew people before I even arrived.

      Delete
  9. Definitely planning to attend! So looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Chris, for all the work you are doing to make this event a reality. I am giddy with excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! Thank you for your hard work, Chris. I will see you in June! Please reach out if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds outrageous! Hoping this can fit into my schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hope I can attend! Driving up from SE Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris, this all sounds marvelous!!! You have worked sooooo hard on this event and it sounds like things are now falling in place. I also, am anxious to attend and meet with a group of friends who all have the common interest of creating joy. Thank you for all you have done. GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Thank you for all of your hard work. As a former event planner, I know what it takes to pull off such a feat. Good luck and I hope everyone has an awesome time. I won't be able to attend (I am a camp counselor in June), but will be with you guys in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely am interested as my hubs will be in/ coming back from the Boundry Waters. I wanted to do this last year, but unsure due to coming alone. This year I’m more willing. The cost is my main concern as it means a lot more sub jobs to do to earn the my way there. My hubs if he knew how much would flip, but it’s the first of many years of deciding to do something for myself and have fun? Please give us more info as it gets more “jelled” (?).
    PS I am already thinking of who I want to do activities with!❣️πŸ–πŸ‘πŸ»✂️

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I go I would definitely be alone also. I'm in Delaware & The nearest airport is Philadelphia. Will wait for more info as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Last I told Chris I was coming alone & she welcomed me with open arms & reassured me I would really enjoy it.The event was fantastic, hoping to get in again. These admin & most JF peeps- reach out and make you feel right at home- in the end It felt more like family/sisterhood. I left with so many fond memories, new skills, lots of swag & new friends. Don't miss this event! I would pay twice that amount to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so awesome Chris😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Junkie fest 2019 Event Information

Thank you, Junkie fest 2019 Sponsors